Monday 14 September 2015

Tranquillity


Confined between these four walls  
Stuck between time and space
From the start it was easy to fall 
I've been breathing with an ugly face


Cracked walls and drippings from the ceiling
Back seat of the car was soaked in amber red 
They stole my liquor and drank my feelings
And left me here for dead


I'm sober 
I'm sober as I could be 
I'm sober 
I long for tranquillity


Expired pills design my rug 
Smoke buds make it deeper 
You're all the same, just a bunch of bugs
Infesting my brain and eating my heart

Now push the candle deeper


I'm sober 
I'm sober as I could be 
I'm sober 
I long for tranquillity 


Twenty years have gone by
I'm still astray
One hundred souls echo my name 
They say,
"You belong here. Stay..."


So I did.
I lived the perfect life
Had no regrets or complaints 

A tune in my head went something like this:

Exitless minds,
Escaping time.
Exitless minds,
Escaping time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment